FREE (yes, free!) public records and more for better and safer dating in Florida & beyond.

This site from the U.S. Department of Justice allows you to quickly search for state sexual predator and offenders nationwide.

Sex offenders, federal offenders and more: Quick national criminal checks that you won't want to miss!

Neglecting these free web sites
would be a crime for date inspectors.

Here are three quick checks that can help you explore whether someone has a criminal past.

National sex offender quick search - This site from the U.S. Department of Justice allows you to check for sexual predators and offenders for all 50 states, the District of Columbia, U.S. territories, and Indian Country. Mug shots are included as available. Keep in mind that classifications can vary from state to state.

Federal prison time search - Find people released from federal prison since 1982 or people who are currently serving time. In cases of those who served their time and are in the database, results are bare bones with the full name, age, race, sex and release date. Depending on the age of the case, you may be able to learn more about it by registering to use the U.S. Courts Public Access to Court Electronic Records (Pacer) access service.

National Victim Notification Network (VINElink) search - Search recent releases and current guests at state prisons and local jails throughout the country. You can also register to be notified when someone is released. Although not every eligible state and local agency participates, county jail information for some counties is available here that may not be accessible on their own web sites. These sites can include people who completed sentences along with those whose charges have yet to be resolved.

Inspect your Florida date more closely for criminal charges, convictions, and arrest warrants.

Most wanted lists

Various federal agencies and private crime watch organizations have most wanted lists. If you discover your date or love interest is on them, don't confront the person. Contact the seeking agency or your local law enforcement agency and let them do the follow up.